QPTL is a library of Québec payroll withholding tax deduction calculations for payroll application software developers. QPTL enables payroll software developers to easily, quickly, and seamlessly incorporate a full set of Revenu Québec payroll deduction calculations into their software by utilizing the QPTL SDK and API. QPTL includes calculation methods for Québec Pension Plan (QPP), Québec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP), and province of Québec income tax withholding.
Payroll software developers can reduce their total overall development and maintenance costs by employing QPTL in their applications. MET provides an updated library whenever Revenu Québec changes/updates their specifications and requirements for payroll withholding calculations - usually on January 1 of each year. Our quality assurance process ensures that all calculations are tested extensively and results match exactly to all Revenu Québec test cases. As a payroll software provider, you can be assured that your Québec tax deduction calculations are up-to-date and accurate with QPTL.
Payroll software vendors typically face the challenge of distributing updates to customers on a timely basis, in advance of implementation dates for new Revenu Québec rates and changes in calculation methods. We distribute QPTL updates to our customers a minimum of 30 days prior to the implementation of any Revenu Québec changes to allow our customers ample time to incorporate any API changes and perform their own testing and quality assurance before deploying updates to end-users.
QPTL features include:
- Performs all Québec payroll deduction calculations, including employee QPP, QPIP and Québec provincial income tax withholdings, and employer contributions to QPP, QPIP, and Québec Health Services Fund contributions.
- Handles all pay period types, including daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly.
- Handles all types of earnings subject to Quebec payroll tax withholding, including Salary, Wages, Vacation Pay, Pension Income, Bonuses, Retroactive Pay, & Commission payments.
- Available as a Microsoft Dynamic Link Library (DLL) or a Linux shared library (.so).
- QPTL can be linked statically at compile time using the provided QPTL.LIB file, or alternatively, QPTL can be loaded dynamically (at load-time or run-time) - e.g. by using the Microsoft API functions LoadLibrary, LoadLibraryEx, FreeLibrary and GetProcAddress with the Microsoft Dynamic Link Library (DLL) version of QPTL.
- 'Wrapper' interfaces available for Visual Basic, Java, .Net, PHP, ASP, and JSP applications.
- Cost-effective unlimited end-user license terms allow you to re-distribute QPTL with your application.
- Reduce annual costs of developing and maintaining up-to-date Québec payroll deduction calculations code.
- Our extensive testing and results verification process ensures the accuracy of payroll deduction calculations returned by the QPTL module. QPTL calculation results are verified against all Revenu Québec examples and test case results by a Canadian Chartered Accountant.